Turmeric, a flavoring spice rich in Curcumin, has liver protective, detoxifying and free radical scavenging properties.
BioPerine® which comes from the black pepper fruit, a common household spice, has been used extensively as a medicine for centuries. The delicate pepper berries are harvested just prior to ripening and then sun dried to assure optimum maturity and quality. The extract of piperine, called BioPerine® in the patented form, has been clinically tested in the United States. BioPerine® significantly enhances the bioavailability of various supplement nutrients through increased absorption.
The objective of this study was to evaluate the bioavailability of curcumin co-administered with BioPerine® in animals and human volunteers. Curcumin is a phenolic phytochemical obtained from turmeric (Curcuma longa L). It has been scientifically researched that Curcumin has effective therapeutic outcome acting as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, anticoagulant, anticarcinogenic, immunomodulatory activities and even in wound healing. It has been found that the therapeutic effectiveness of curcumin is often limited due to its poor absorption from the GI tract. When taken orally only traces appear in the blood whereas most of the dose is excreted though the feces.
BioPerine® was found to enhance the bioavailability of Curcumin both in preclinical studies and in studies on human volunteers. Study done on equivalent of 4 caps per day or Turmeric Plus.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
CurcuWIN™ Turmeric Extract 250 mg
Curcuma longa Rhizome ext. (20% Curcuminoids) Black Pepper Fruit Extract BioPerine® 20 mg
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 1-2 capsules daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Warning: If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is an antioxidant that:
- Protects against free radical damage and unwanted substances in the liver.
- Normalizes gallbladder function
- Aids in digestion
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels within normal ranges
- Supports circulation and blood vessel health
Used in medicine as a cleansing herb for the whole body and in Chinese medicine to support liver, gallbladder, digestive, and circulatory health.
- Today it is known to be useful in situations in which high levels of antioxidant support are necessary.
- The volatile oils in Turmeric support joint comfort and bile production, which supports better fat digestion.
- Turmeric supports intestinal flora and the mucus membranes of the body, including those of the digestive tract, which is important after a course of antibiotics and for those with dysbiosis (unbalanced intestinal flora).
- Turmeric supports absorption and metabolism, has a soothing effect on the mucosa of the gut and helps protect the stomach against excess acid.
- Curcumin supports production of B and T cells which is useful for supporting proper immune system function.
- Curcumin also supports production of bile as well as enzymes that digest sugars and fats to help maintain blood cholesterol levels within normal ranges.