The Amazing Benefits of Raw ACV
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is one of nature's greatest gifts for your overall health and well being as it is packed with dozens of amazing benefits. If you have never used Raw ACV before, we recommend buying the Bragg brand of Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother) and it can be found on Amazon.com as well as most major supermarkets.
Some of the amazing health benefits of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar:
1. Helps lower blood sugar- One of the biggest epidemics we are seeing today is Insulin Resistance, the precursor to Type 2 Diabetes. Studies have shown that using Raw ACV after each meal can lower blood sugar by as much as 40%!! That is powerful. This in turn leads to weight loss due to lowered insulin levels which block fat burning and turn excess insulin into stored body fat.
2. Helps you lose weight and burn belly fat- As stated above, this is due primarily to lowering blood sugar and insulin levels, but ACV also helps to promote satiety and lowers cravings in most people.
3. It's antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal- Overall this means it is great for your immune system if you are drinking it everyday, mainly due to the positive effects it has on your gut health, as 80% of your immune system is housed in your gut. However, you can also use it topically (diluted by at least 1:1 water or more) for things like clearing acne, athletes foot, toe fungus, warts and dandruff. It's a great astringent to use after washing your face due to it's antibacterial properties as well as restoring the natural pH balance to your skin.
4. Balances your body's pH levels- This is one of the most important benefits. Your body must maintain a balanced pH level at all times. In order to do that, it pulls calcium and magnesium from the bones to get the acidic blood back to base or alkaline. Most Americans consume acidic foods and beverages on a daily basis, so they are chronically depleting their minerals, which causes dehydration and weakening their bones. Raw ACV aids in balancing the pH of the blood so your body doesn't have to steal from your bones to do so. In addition, diseases like cancer, viruses and candida thrive in an acidic environment, so you want to always maintain pH balance to avoid those dis-ease states.
5. Aids in digestion and improves gut health- If you suffer from bloating, gas, heart burn or constipation, drinking one to two Tbsp of ACV diluted in water before all your meals can help alleviate those issues by boosting your digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid, to help break down your food more easily and improve nutrient absorption. ACV is also a natural prebiotic that helps balance the beneficial bacteria in your gut.
There are dozens more amazing benefits of using Raw ACV daily, but I'm going to only highlight those four. If you want more details on all the benefits, Google Health benefits of using Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, and you'll find a ton of articles online.
You might be thinking, "I've tried ACV and it was disgusting", and you're right if you try and drink it straight. The key is to dilute it to approx. 8 to 12 ounces of water to 1 to 2 Tablespoons of ACV. Some people like to add lemon or honey. Adding lemon is great, however if you are going to use honey, don't use the bear, that's not even honey, it's liquid candy. Use locally grown, Organic Raw honey, it's the only honey that will not spike your blood sugar and even at that, use it in moderation.
You can also use Raw ACV to make your own homemade mayonnaise, salad dressings and marinades. Not only are they delicious, but have health benefits as well.
Healthy Salad Dressing
Locally grown, organic, raw honey, 2 Tbsp
Apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup
Extra virgin olive oil, ¼ cup
Mustard powder, 1 teaspoon
Dried basil, ½ teaspoon
One small minced shallot
One minced garlic clove
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
Whisk together the honey, garlic, shallots, apple cider vinegar, mustard powder, dried basil, and lemon juice.
To emulsify, pour in olive oil slowly while whisking.
Season with salt and pepper.
Pour into a jar with lid. Refrigerate and enjoy!
Garlic powder, ½ teaspoon
Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon
Red pepper powder, 2 teaspoons
Pure apple cider vinegar, 2 cups
Oil, 120 ml
Light soy sauce, 2 tablespoons
Hot sauce, 2 teaspoons
In a glass jar, mix all the ingredients and shake well.
Place the jar on the counter and let it be for an hour before using for the first time.
You can use this to marinate meat or poultry for 3 hours.
You can reserve a cup of marinade for basting.
We recommend that you start out using 1 Tbsp in the morning, however, if you drink coffee, use the ACV after your coffee as it will balance the acidic pH in your body caused by the coffee.
Then in the evening use 1 Tbsp after dinner.
You can go to 2 Tbsp if you prefer, but no more than 2 Tbsp, 3x per day.
Always dilute it with water due to the damage it can cause to the enamel on your teeth and it can also burn your esophagus if used undiluted.
Dilute 1 to 2 Tbsp of ACV to 8 to 12 ounces of water.
Start improving your health today with Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, you will start noticing the benefits very quickly and it only gets better and better the longer you use it.
*Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your Physician. Richeson Wellness, LLC does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Richeson Wellness, LLC are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your Physician.